Are you an experienced professional with relevant Procurement experience in purchasing/sourcing in a manufacturing environment (B2B)? Celanese is looking for a Procurement Director Raw Materials, a real thought leader that’s crucial for the company. Oversee strategic development, demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of best practices in strategic sourcing and successfully lead diverse teams towards a desired outcome.
About our client
Celanese creates chemistry but they are much more than a chemistry company: they’re engineers, scientists, technical experts and logistics specialist. They have 100 years of experience, a global network and a great passion for chemistry that comes from the heart. This is how they make sure that our plastics drive the cars of tomorrow, that their emulsions make interior paints even more eco-friendly and that their sweeteners reduce sugar also in your food products.
Headquartered in Dallas (Texas) their global network includes around 7,700 employees, more than 80 locations in 20 countries with 3 global service centers. From Dallas to Amsterdam to Shanghai, they manage a global network of commercial offices, technical centers, and twenty-seven production facilities and additional strategic affiliate production facilities.
They produce products that make our lives a little easier, by helping customers to bring their inspired ideas and innovations to life. From the global production network they provide materials that are critical to the global chemicals and paints and coatings industries. From their broad portfolio of Materials Solutions, they advance automotive and consumer electronic designs and enable life-improving medical, food and beverage products – they offer solutions to their customers to help them succeed. About the function
- Lead a regional high performing team of category managers responsible for sourcing of major raw materials for the Engineered Materials business for Celanese
- Responsible for recruiting, evaluating, developing and motivating members of the team
- Oversee development, communication and implementation of comprehensive supply strategies for raw materials
- Collaborate with business leaders at various levels to provide Celanese’s businesses with a competitive advantage in terms of total cost and supply reliability
- Responsible for building and managing relationships with key vendors and ensuring they meet or exceed their contractual obligations
- Lead and manage the procurement related integration activities, when applicable in respect of M&A activities
- Enable the team to effectively manage all aspects of RFQ, price/cost analysis, negotiation, contracting and award of contracts to vendors
- Establish supplier and 3rd party networks which enable access to information about important market trends and competitive position of supply base in related spend field
- Ensure the effective delivery of initiatives, programs and directives in accordance with sourcing strategy and financial business plans
- Support development of sustainable sourcing, recycling strategy in alignment with business needs
- Identify and report key performance metrics to measure success and drive continuous improvement ensuring alignment with sourcing plans
- Interact cross-functionally with other departments and serve as an effective and value-added service for key stakeholders, including determining appropriate resolutions where issues arise
- You have 12+ years of combined experience in Procurement/Supply Chain/Manufacturing/Business/Sales within regional or global coverage positions, with 5-7 years of extensive experience in purchasing/sourcing in a manufacturing environment (B2B), preferably in the chemical industry
- You have strong communication skills (written/verbal) and analytical skills
- Ability to successfully lead diverse groups towards a desired outcome through persuasion and influence
- Ability to think strategically and develop robust purchasing strategies
- Strong negotiation and contracting skills
- Resilience and ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Must be driven for results and have strong perseverance
- Able to demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of best practices in strategic sourcing for multiple categories and suppliers
- Fluency in English required, other European language skills advantageous but not required
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Finance; MBA preferred
After a (digital) interview at Badenoch + Clark, three interviews will follow at the client’s office.
Does this role appeal to you and do you meet the criteria? Please mail your resume and short motivation to Ani Mikhailian (email@example.com). Or apply via our website.