Our customer was established in September 2013 as an innovative online bank offering savings, investment and wealth management products and services in the Belgian market.
The Bank is expanding its business activities and looking to start retail mortgage lending in Belgium through partnerships with an originator and a servicer. To support this strategic initiative, they are looking for a mortgage risk manager to join the risk team in Belgium.
This is an outstanding opportunity for qualified professionals to establish themselves and further develop their career at a fast growing bank.
The mortgage risk manager will report to the Chief Risk Officer and work with colleagues from both the first and the second line of defense in Belgium, London, and Malta.
The successful candidate will be able to manage credit risk within appetite and develop the necessary controls for this business within the Bank’s enterprise wide risk framework, including risk identification, assessment, monitoring and reporting.
• Monitoring the credit decisions taken by the originator and ensuring compliance with underwriting or acceptance criteria
• Participating in the preparation of more complex files and presenting them to the risk committee
• Deciding within delegated authority on new loans, loan modifications and special servicing of mortgages
• Reviewing and challenging file credit reviews, internal and 3rd party (originator and servicer) policies and procedures
• Portfolio monitoring and reporting, including portfolio evolution within risk appetite and management of arrears
• Communicating with the Bank’s Executive Committee, Board of Directors and regulatory bodies
• Owning all relevant risk policies and ensuring standards meet regulatory requirements
• Member of the Management Risk Committee and other business line committees
Bachelor or Master degree plus 10+ years of experience as a mortgage credit analyst in Belgium
• Excellent analytical skills
• Strong communications skills in English, French and Dutch (written, spoken)
• Be driven, independent, enthusiastic, and hands-on