My international client, located in Leuven, has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Accounts Payable Accountant to reinforce the team. In this position you’ll be reporting to the Accounting Manager.
The responsibility of the AP Accountant is to ensure the correct booking of invoices, to perform on monthly bases regular controls and ensure the execution of control lists. You will work together with 7 other team members in the accounting team, but also with different departments and suppliers in Belgium and all over the world.
In addition they are looking for someone who wants to take initiative and ownership to other duties as assigned from time to time and who’s motivated to improve the entire Accounts Payable Process.
- Create new suppliers
- Processing supplier invoices with their AP software Readsoft and their ERP-system IFS.
- Verifying all invoices have been correctly coded and authorized
- Liaising with internal departments on queries and approvals as required
- Daily Banking postings & monthly bank reconciliation
- Processing bank payments for authorization
- Prepare weekly supplier payments runs
- Responsible for petty cash - weekly/monthly cash counts
- Monthly Intercompany balance agreements
- Supporting month-end procedures including assisting with accruals
- Assisting with year-end and interim audits
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by your Manager or Director
- Degree in finance, economics or accounting
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of Excel and experience with ERP-systems, a plus
- Hands-on, open communicator
- Strong communication skills in Dutch & English
- Critical mindset
- Extremely motivated and proactive
- Excellent accounting/administration skills
- Ability to meet the required deadlines
- Mature with a sense of responsibility
Our client offers you a challenging function where you will be able to work for an international market leader within its industry. In addition, they offer you a excellent salary with all the fringe benefits, and possibilities to grow.