To be eligible to apply, you will need to be on track to graduate this year with a minimum 2:1 in a Built Environment Degree.
Each company partnering with us has had a selection of their staff take the same Talentoday personality test you’re taking. We’ve compiled all their individual performers’ results to take a snapshot of each company’s culture, including what personality traits and motivations are unique to their business, creating a Target Profile.
We’ll then take your individual results and match you with the organisation you score the highest with. Talentoday is a straightforward and highly effective software, and the test will take between 10 and 15 minutes. You can complete the test on your computer or through the Talentoday app.
We do this to ensure we are matching you with the organisation that is likely to be the best cultural fit for you. After all, who doesn’t want to work with like-minded people?
Following the application process, you’ll get a bespoke personality report emailed to you within a week that’s yours to keep, regardless of whether you secure a role at the end of the process or not.
We have designed the Top Grads process to be simple and straightforward. Below we have broken down your application journey into 6 Key Stages:
1. Complete the Application Form – The first step is to complete our Application Form here (please add link to application). You will need to include your contact details, a Personal Statement of up to 500 words, and your CV. You will also need to provide contact details for two references.
References will not be taken until successful acceptance of a job offer.
2. Talentoday Personality Assessment – Once you have submitted your Application Form you will receive a link to take our Talentoday Personality Test within 24 hours. This is an integral part of your application, as it will indicate which company’s culture you are best suited for. Once you receive the link we ask that you create a profile and complete the assessment within 24 hours.
3. Personality Matching – After completing the Talentoday personality assessment, you will receive your personalise result detailing your individual workplace drivers and motivations within a week. This personality report is free and yours to keep as part of the process.
Your personality report will then be matched with each company’s Target Profile, and your details will be sent to the organisations you are best suited for based on your results. Successful graduates will then be invited to London to our Meet & Greets.
4. Meet & Greets – If you are successfully matched with a company or companies, you will be invited to our offices in London to have more informal Meet & Greets with high-performing staff members of each company. This will most likely involve at least one Director or Head of Service per company.
This will be a chance for you to have an open and honest conversation with decision makers and line managers about what you can expect from the role, what it’s like to work in their offices, how you would be supported and what they would expect from you.
5. Formal Interviews – If it is mutually agreed, you will then be invited attend formal interviews at the selected company’s Head Office. The interview process will be unique to each company, but we will be on hand to offer support and answer any questions you may have.
Following the interview you will be introduced to a Buddy, who will give you a tour of the office and be your point of contact for any questions if you are successful in securing a role.
6. Offer of Employment – You will know if you have been successful in your formal interview by the 25th of April. Details of your contract will be sent by individual companies, and you will need to comply with their HR process.
Once you have formally accepted an offer from a company, your Buddy from the formal interview will be your point of contact within the organisation, who you can call or email before you start with any questions you may have.
You will also become a part of our Top Grads Alumni Group, and will be invited to Networking Events throughout the summer.
For 2017, once you have completed your application, here’s what happens next:
Stage Key Date
Deadline to Apply - 25th March 2017
Meet & Greets w/c - 3rd April 2017
Formal Interviews - w/c10th April 2017
Receipt of Employment Offer - 25th April 2-17
Start Date - September/ October 2017
From 27th Feb – 17th March we’re visiting top universities around the country, either in lecture theatres, at career days or at one off events. Look out for further information in your jobs boards and internal emails over the next few weeks for where and when we’ll be on campus.
We can import your LinkedIn details and create a resume file for you. It only takes a few seconds!
We have imported your LinkedIn details and created a resume file. Review and edit this information below.
Welcome to Top Grads, the new graduate platform for raising awareness of housing as a career of choice for Built Environment students.
Looks like something went wrong.
Please upload a pdf or Word file.
File exceeds size limit and cannot be submitted.Files must be 3 MB or less.
The file uploaded cannot be empty