Plant Manager - JN -022020-15056
The Plant Manager implements the industrial strategy in order to ensure the availability of site products in accordance with the company's commitments to the customers, consumers, employees and partners. He is responsible for the investment projects on the site (new works). As a representative of the company's authority, he is the point of contact for local authorities and administrations. Expertise area
: manufacturing, quality, maintenance, new facilities, health & safety, capex projects, human resources. Knowledge in continuous loop working
(3 shifts daily)
- Health and Safety: implements all necessary means in order to guarantee H&S of employees, external contributors and property together with the H&S coordinator.
- Quality: implements all necessary means in order to guarantee the conformity of the products produced (food safety).
- Costs: controls the operating costs while complying with budget commitments. Defines and implements a lean organization taking into account the context and internal and external constraints. Identifies, implements and shares the levers for site performance optimization.
- Mobilization: declines, formalizes and coordinates the site priorities related to the business project. Leads meetings with employee representatives. Guarantees, together with the Human Resources Director, the formalization of the HR development plan (recruitment, skills development, assessment etc.) and ensures its deployment.
- Environment: implements all the necessary means in order to guarantee regulatory compliance together with the Environment Director. Identifies and implements the procedures aiming at reducing the site's environmental impact
- Capex Projects: contributes to investment projects specifications regarding technical aspects (new works) together with the engineering department of the group
- Human Resources: supports employees throughout their professional career in the Company, especially builds his team - from recruitment to onboarding (recruitment request, job description, candidate interviews, ensures legal enrollment, welcomes new employees); leads his team around meaningful individual and collective objectives, consistent with the company's strategy and values.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND KNOW-HOW
- Mastery of continuous improvement tools: FMEA, 6 sigma, 5S, short interval animation, SMED.
- Mastery of project management.
- Experienced in building and following up a budget and analyzing a P&L.
- Knows the basics of labor law.
- Fluency in English and ideally French.
- Knows maintenance techniques and management of new works projects.
- Sense of responsibility
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Analysis and synthesis capacities
- Resistance to stress
- Sense of pedagogy
- Rigor and organization
- Discretion and sense of confidentiality
- Education: Engineer or similar experience.
- Professional experience: minimum 5 years in a plant manager position in a process industry
- Proven experience in maintenance department management, new works projects management, P&L management, performance and project management.