For a leading group company, we are looking for a:
ENVIRONMENT SUSTAINABILITY AND GOVERNANCE EXPERT
Reporting to the director, the person will guarantee the development and implementation of ESG strategy at European Level with a heightened focus on Environment.
Specifically will have the following responsibilities:
- coordinate and conduct environmental and social due diligence programs and carbon footprint assessment
- identify potential social and environmental risks & opportunities and ensure that all stakeholders understand the applicable ESG policies, guidelines and project-specific requirements
- provide technical expertise on key issues related to environmental initiatives
- define the steps necessary to address compliance gaps arising from public policies and customers requests and identify opportunities for improvement
- formulate recommendations and requirements and incorporate these into applicable internal documentation/policies
- contribute to long-term strategy in terms of risk mitigation
- engage internal and external stakeholders in Environmental initiatives, monitor progresses and assure proper follow-up
- take a leading role in managing data and reporting in the ESG field
The ideal candidate is willing to work in a challenging environment.
Key requirements are:
- Engineering degree (nuclear, energy, civil engineering) or equivalent title
- Previous working experience in ESG positions in multinational and industrial companies
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize higher value work, handle deadlines pressure, and sensitive information. Certification in Project Management is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial, team building/working attitude
- Ability to pinpoint problems and identify solution
- Excellent writing & communication skills in English
- Available for frequent trips to national and international territory