SENIOR DEVOPS ENGINEER - JN -052020-15835
We are looking for an experienced DevOps professional to join our growing organization. In this position, you will manage infrastructure projects and processes. Keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and a solid knowledge base are essential. Responsibilities:
- You will have to break silos, because development and operations teams will work together and seamlessly as a unique entity, in order to build connections, relieve bottlenecks, and enhance human relationships. In other words, you will always have to talk to people.
- You will introduce and spread a DevOps culture. Organizations are different, and you will have to instill DevOps values, explaining what DevOps is, educating about DevOps principles and DevOps tools, without forgetting to dive deep into infrastructure and automation issues.
- You will work closely with our Developers and Data Scientists to identify the infrastructural needs of the company, and you will take the lead in defining the plan to fulfil them.
- You will architect and implement world-class deployment processes and systems, also counting on our substantial software engineering firepower. We aim at having total, flawless automation, and you will be key in the process.
- You will set up the data storage, retrieval, and processing infrastructure.
- You will ensure the performance of our servers is appropriately monitored at all times.
- You will be always up to date about new, relevant technologies and test the promising ones to make sure we don’t miss out on game-changing opportunities to improve our infrastructure.
- You know at least one cloud platform inside out (bonus points if it’s AWS).
- You’re proficient with Kubernetes and Docker. You have a very good understanding of modern Unix systems. You also know your way around other key DevOps tools (Terraform). Preferably, you can effectively configure modern databases (Redis, MongoDB, etc.) as well as Amazon Aurora or RDS.
- You have experience in CI/CD deployment pipeline (e.g. Drone.io, Jenkins) with strong focus in making the deployment process easy, fast and robust
- You have a long-standing, proven passion for server infrastructure and automation.
- You’re a quick and deep learner. You can investigate and effectively pick up new concepts on your own, especially when it comes to technology. Additionally, you don’t stop at the surface, but find enjoyment in exploring what lies beneath and becoming a master of your trade.
- You love exploring and you’re entrepreneurial in seeking out new opportunities and testing new ideas and technologies of your own accord. You don’t just wait to be told what to do all the time.
- You’re energetic, hard-working, and persevere through adversity until the job is done, and done well. You get turned on by getting results, and always aim for excellence in what you do.
- You care to get the small things right as well as the big ones. You’re meticulous in ensuring that your work is of the highest quality.