Our client is a worldwide company ($1bn turnover), B2B and B2C channel, +50 years of industry leadership, is present in over 80 countries worldwide.
The successful incumbent will partner a global marketing team leading a change management project and organization.
- Act as business partner
- support the organization shifting to a global, multi-channel consumer product and services business. This role will be at the forefront of this transformation and part of a new team being built to help transform the business and lead the market;
- supervise Market Trends and key NPDs in-market and for act as the link between the business leaders and Innovation / Product Development /R&D;
- this role covers the business globally. It will be based in Europe. However, the American, Asian and Australasian markets are very important globally - operating with a global mindset and collaborating across regions will be critical;
- our client aims to continue its expansion globally both organically and through acquisition. It operates in three main business units and is expanding across three channels – direct, wholesale/distribution and digital;
- understand how customer base views current engagement (service levels, satisfaction, NPS), develop a deep understanding of how the new products and services are used and consumers met and unmet wants and needs. Develop a similar understanding of the competitive landscape.;
- analyse each of the market sectors for product and service offerings and value propositions, go to market strategies, technology, pricing and other key variables;
- review and build the buyer and customer journey for each segment;
- prioritize and implement voice of the customer programmes across sectors, channels and geographies;
- define and implement standardized NPS and customer satisfaction metrics;
- implement methodologies to monitor customer churn and lifetime value;
- develop voice of the customer methodologies to support value proposition design and new product/service development understanding the use cases, pain points, and expected benefits to be able to define clear deliverable product and service solutions;
- utilize creativity in identifying new techniques and processes;
- establish and track critical metrics to measure progress against quality initiatives;
- develop/implement process for sharing category advisor/category validator best practices;
- control and optimization of market research budget;
- organization and coordination of adhoc market/consumer researches (both qualitative and quantitative);
- providing customer and category analysis and strategic frame work to define the categories the key customer teams should focus on.
The successful candidate will have significant experience in consumer insights and analysis from a multinational services or consumer goods organization with direct access to their customer base, and potentially additional consultancy experience from a recognized practice.
Bachelor’s Degree in Market Research, Statistics, Marketing or other business related degree
5+ years of experience in Market Intelligence or Business Analytics positions, preferably both on the agency side (Nielsen / IRI) and multi-national consumer goods
2+ experience working in Consumer Insights Adhoc projects using quantitative and qualitative methodologies (ie. Usage & Attitudes and Product / Concept test)
This role will require the following attributes:
- problem solving and excellent analytical skills and the ability to transform complex information into actionable insights / conclusions and summaries
- strong project management skills
- outstanding communication (Oral and Written)
- customer focus
- leading edge
- data and metric driven approach;
- hands-on, careful with detail, but also strategic in approach
- ability to collaborate across boundaries and working in an international environment
- capacity to effectively work with virtual and different teams
- capability in dealing with multiple projects contemporaneously and flexibility in dealing with different categories& markets
- result driven.
MBA is a plus.
Languages: English fluent/mother tongue and a minimum of one additional language fluency.
The position will be based in Milan with extensive contacts and some travel globally.