Finance Director Tech Start up JN -062020-16071
This is an opportunity to join an interesting Tech Start up.
Operating as a key member of the executive leadership team, you will first streamline and manage the automation of the reporting of financial KPIs, then you will have the required focus and discipline to support the company’s goal to reach its financial targets by providing to the other managers your advise and support on all relevant financial matters and by coordinating external consultants (tax, legal, HR, m&a, etc.) when needed. Key responsibilities:
- Monitoring business performance, anticipating deviations and applying corrective measures, promoting profitability in the business.
- Support and advise business and functions in all financial matters
- Prepare in conjunction with the Italian external accountants monthly and other periodic financial and KPI reporting
- Liaise with the Italian external accountants to ensure full compliance with Italian Accounting Rules, statutory, legal and tax principles and company & external reporting requirements
- Represent the company towards banks, auditors, tax and other financial authorities
- Maintain a strong local internal control system and implement relevant guidelines
- Optimise taxes, financing, insurance and Cash & FX management within country
- Cost control
- Evaluate and challenge investment projects and make recommendations to management
- Support the CEO and the board in M&A and funding activities
- Manage and organize the Finance team in its growth
- Responsible for managing the stand alone (and in the future also consolidated) monthly reporting of statutory accounts, management reporting and treasury reporting through the respective reporting tools.
- Manage the Budget and forecast processes of the company and coordinate same processes at affiliates and organize subsequent reviews and the reporting’s hereof. Responsible for accurate and reliable reporting of Budget and Forecast for the company and for affiliates.
- Manage with the help of external accountants the tax calculation, deferred tax, permanent and temporary differences.
- Corporate Governance reporting (including dialogue with Investors).
Will be considered as a plus:
- University degree in Finance or Business administration
- Required: Min. 8 years of experience in roles such as Auditor, Controller, Finance
- Required: Min. 2 years in people management experience
- Required: Computer literacy, Excel mastery and ERP or similar Management System knowledge
- Fluent English language is required.
- Startup or Venture Capital experience
- Exposure at a professional level to a digital company, product, service
- Having managed for an employer or a client an ERP implementation project
- Having managed HR processes before
- Professional qualification (ACCA, CIMA. MBA)