We are currently supporting a newly launched Private Equity ManCo with the recruitment of their very first legal counsel for their Luxembourg entity.
Working closely with the head of legal based at the headquarters, and the local conducting officers, you will be given a large variety of tasks and autonomy.
Your enthusiastic and dynamic personality, your eager to learn and develop yourself will be highly encouraged in this friendly and professional environment.
- Draft and negotiate a range of commercial agreements including engagement letters, confidentiality agreements and commercial contracts.
- Support the General Counsel with corporate transactions and other strategic projects.
- Conduct reviews of commercial contracts and negotiate improved terms.
- Prepare and deliver training on key legal and compliance topics to the rest of the business.
- Assist with company secretarial tasks – writing board minutes, filing statutory forms, reviewing articles of association etc.
- Assist with know-your-client and AML checks – using the online search function and requesting and analysing documents from clients.
- Providing general compliance support to the business under the supervision of the Compliance Officer.
- Other supporting tasks as required by General Counsel or the Group’s Compliance Officer.
- You have a legal degree and a first experience of 2+ years in corporate law within the funds industry
- You are driven, proactive, liable with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Key qualities include being highly self-motivated and having a high degree of stamina to work within a high energy and focused team environment.
- You can demonstrate a first successful experience drafting and negotiating confidentiality agreements and engagement letters as well as other commercial agreements.
- Experience in AML / know-your client checks or similar compliance type role is an advantage.
- You have strong drafting skills in English, are highly articulate and have a genuine passion for private equity investment funds.
- Be a competent team player keen to take on responsibility along with an “always on” attitude.
- Regular international travel will be required (within the travelling restrictions limits).
To include yourself within this recruitment process; to find out more information about this role; or to discuss other career opportunities we have available, please contact ANNIE BURTON as soon as possible - CONFIDENTIALITY ASSURED - Please note that by applying your cv is sent directly, and only, to the consultant in charge of this opportunity.
We’ll help you go further.
+352 26 19 28 1013