Our client is an engineering company which is an integral part of a worldwide industrial leader which has over 30`000 employees and offices in all continents. They thrive to make an impact in the current and future electrical networks driving change in a flexible, dynamic and clever environment .
For R&D center in Zürich (focused on developing world class power systems to serve customers worldwide), we are looking to recruit for an experienced, motivated and committed R&D Manager (m/f).
In this role, you will be working in the Electrophysics Team in order to deliver next generation environmentally friendly equipment for the power network and support customers in their transition to carbon neutrality. You will be working within all areas around the GIS design, high voltage circuit breaker design and components. Also, you will work with coordination of several external parties as component suppliers, sub-system suppliers and main customers locally and globally.
Work location: Zurich, Switzerland
Important: Your application will be treated confidential.
· Contribute to a sustainable world for future generations by managing/executing/working-in projects that greatly reduce tons of CO2 emissions
· Support and drive on request R&D projects in Switzerland in the field of environmentally friendly SF6-alternatives
· Using state-of-the-art simulation tools organize, perform and manage studies on next generation high voltage switchgear
· Perform electrical circuit studies using black-box models
· Actively participate and drive the local initiatives of AI and ML applied to R&D
· Represent the company in international committees, conferences, and events
· Lead open innovation projects with external partners
· Coordinate and manage projects with local and international universities and research institutes
· University degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Physics OR a related fields (Energy, Computational Engineering or Power Systems)
· Experienced in the development of High Voltage Switchgear using SF6 alternatives. Experience in the development of Vacuum Interrupter of Advantage.
· Know-how of 1D simulation and CFD tools and state-of-the-art programming languages Python and/or VBA
· Fluent in English
· Outstanding communication and intercultural skills
· A strong inner drive to develop as a leader, to execute according to commitments and to improve the system
· Able to understand complex systems (technically and organizationally) and derive necessary and sufficient actions
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Self-motivated personality
Work environment and benefits:
· An environment that enables your personal growth and innovative mindset
· A culture that embodies respect, openness, and courage
· A modern and open working environment in Zürich
· Being part of a young and knowledgeable team across many disciplines locally and globally
· A global environment with colleagues and customers all around the world and exposure to international projects and partners
· This is an important role in one of the most expansive technical fields - cleaned energy management
· A competitive salary and additional benefits
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do not hesitate and APPLY NOW! Please submit your application in one pdf file (CV+work certificates+education diplomas).
This job position is exclusive Recruitment Mandat for Badenoch+Clark. Contact Person: Dr. Sanja Centineo