From Badenoch + Clark, we are in search of a Software engineering VP for a digital media SaaS corporation to lead the software development team in Spain. Job location will be Barcelona city.
- Lead development across platforms and microservices.
- Design and iterate underlying architecture of software systems.
- Oversee work of junior to senior-level software engineers and data scientists.
- Engage in code-reviews and unblocking of work being performed by other engineers.
- Serve as technical advisor to management on purchase of 3rd-party tools and software implementation complexity to meet business requirements.
- Collaborate on product strategy and report on implementation progress to Chief Product Officer.
- Take the initiative and keep high product quality and velocity.
- 10+ years Experience building and scaling enterprise-level SaaS platforms in digital content industry platforms strongly preferred.
- 10+ years Experience building highly scalable application. Preferable with the following stack: PHP, Symphony, NodeJS & ReactJS, ElasticSearch, MySL, Postgres, Redis, and Swift and Kotlin for mobile development. Software testing knowledge and SOLID principles. Experience working in the cloud (preferred AWS) and in DevOps concepts. CICD, IaaC, Docker, ECS, etc.
- 10+ years Experience with development and scaling of web and mobile products and technology stack, iOS – Swift, Android – Kotlin.
- Strong experience working on backend systems at scale, using technologies like RESTFul APIs, GraphQL APIs, Autoscaling/Load-balancing and Containers/Microservices.
- Demonstrated experience building, deploying and bug-fixing complex but well-architected, maintainable, and testable application backends.
- Solid experience with web and mobile front end applications including responsive applications and mobile native applications.
- Ample exposure to data-intensive applications and familiarity with big-data storage, analysis, business intelligence and machine-learning.
- Strong object-oriented programming and test-driven development skills.
- Extensive experience with microservices.
- 5+ years of demonstrated strong leadership in similar team and department size (40 people approx.).
- Proven track record applying mature mindset and capacity to lead within technology area but also in wider company/ business / product context.
- Thrives in situations where strong ability to mitigate and solve conflicts is key.
- Extraordinary team player and people person who knows how to balance people first with business priorities.
What we offer:
- The opportunity to work in a multicultural environment and manage a world-class team.
- Amazing office (and views!).
- Training budget.
- Flexible schedule and working from home.
- Flexible salary plan (health insurance, meal and public transportation cards).
- Fresh fruit, tea & good unlimited coffee.