Are you looking for the right opportunity in the Insurance market in Luxembourg?
Do you have at least 7 years of experience in Audit or Accounting within Insurance sector?
Are you interested to have a career growth while working alongside the Finance Manager?
Our client has established an in-house intermediary in Luxembourg to act as a cover holder for its insurance carriers. Because of the legal restructure in response to Brexit, the scope of the company’s activities is to be enhanced to include not only the Luxembourg Insurance company, but also the transfer in of EU business written by the syndicate, either directly or through the newly established Brussels entity.
Given the expansion in activities of the intermediary, this is a newly created role reporting to the Finance Manager in Luxembourg responsible for establishing the necessary operational and financial controls required to support the effective financial operation and regulatory and statutory reporting of the company.
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing all reporting for european entity, including annual accounts under Luxembourg GAAP and regulatory returns under Solvency II, returns to the CAA, with assistance from the companies’ Legal Entity Accountants
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing reporting packs for the Spanish subgroup external reporting with assistance from the Reporting Accountants
- Manage the review process for legal entity results and external returns, including balance sheet items, intercompany balances and arrangements subject to external disclosure
- Responsible for the production of the statutory and regulatory business plans for european entity, with the support of the FP&A Legal Entity team
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing the finance related data inputs for Pillar 1 reporting requirements, including inputs to the standard formula and ORSA
- Responsible for the production of Board Reporting and sub-committees for european entity and related entities, including detailed financial analysis & commentary
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing reporting for branches under local GAAP and local regulation with assistance from the Reporting Accountants
- Responsible for the day to day management of the european entity Reporting Team members work, including the review of their outputs and provide guidance and direction to the Reporting accountants in all areas, in accordance with the duties of a line manager
- Manage system improvements and documentation of controls in respect of european entity reporting processes
- Work closely with the Head Reporting – Legal Entity and other members of the wider Legal Entity Reporting Team develop consistent processes for companies’ entities
- Plan and coordinate the preparation and review process of external reporting prior to submission.
- Prepare detailed working papers to support the review of european entitys’ results and external reporting
- Perform detailed validation work and analytical review on the data collected and address or escalate any unexpected results or inconsistencies in data
- Apply expert knowledge of financial concepts and principles to reporting and clearly document any conclusions reached
- Communicate results to manager and provide visibility into details of underlying work, key assumptions and conclusions made
- Plan and manage the year-end audit and the interim review and deal with any queries from the Auditors
- Take a lead in identifying technical developments in regulation and reporting that will impact european entity, and in ensuring that european entity is able to stay compliant throughout such change
- Work on ad-hoc projects to ensure that all issues are resolved and fully reported and support the implementation of improvements to Legal Entity Reporting within companies’ Finance Change programme
- ACA/CIMA/ACCA or similarly qualified accountant
- Experience within the commercial insurance sector, specifically knowledge of the European Insurance Market
- Experience and knowledge of general ledger systems, including of making improvements to such systems
- Experience in the provision of Management Information
- Sound understanding of current insurance industry standards and external statutory and regulatory requirements
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply complex regulatory concepts in a flexible and business focused manner
- Up to date knowledge of Luxembourg GAAP, Insurance relation in Luxembourg, and Solvency II.
- Demonstrate evidence of interpreting and manipulating data clearly and accurately
- High degree of skill using core MS Office product suite
- Good organisational skills including effective scheduling, prioritisation and time management skills
- Good communication skills, and ability to explain complex regulatory concepts to a senior audience in a credible manner
- High level of attention to detail
- Problem-solving mind-set
- Ability to work in a tight deadline environment
- Ability to work effectively as part of the wider finance team
- A service oriented attitude to delivering the business requirements
To include yourself within this recruitment process; to find out more information about this role; or to discuss other career opportunities we have available, please contact Pawel Galanty as soon as possible - CONFIDENTIALITY ASSURED - Please note that by applying your cv is sent directly, and only, to the consultant in charge of this opportunity. #LI-PG1
We’ll help you go further.
+352 26 19 28 1009