Would you like to have a role where you can use your mathematical skills?
Do you have experience in a similar position?
Would you like to work for a well-recognised bank?
My client is a well-recognised bank which deals with corporate banking, investment banking, private banking and asset management. They are currently searching for a Market Risk Officer to join their team.
- Support the Risk team with planning, designing and implementing an overall Market Risk Management process for the Bank
- Support the Risk team with identifying the Market Risk appetite of the Bank in accordance with the local regulatory and global Group requirements
- Perform daily monitoring of risk exposures, calculations, VAR analysis, stress and back testing
- Produce daily and weekly market risk reports, which monitor, factor sensitivity, VAR and issuer exposures against independent market risk limits
- Take part in proactive supervision and risk mitigation on trading/treasury activities of the Bank
- Analysis of new products and services to the clientele from Market Risk Management perspective
- Participation in projects assigned by the team head and the Management Board
- Keeping track of new guidelines and regulatory updates related to Market Risk Management and monitor changes
- Preparation of internal/external statistics and reporting over Bank’s Market Risk Management activities
- Review, development and reporting of Market Risk scenarios, Key Market Risk Indicators, validation of results in close cooperation with the team head
- Identification of Market Risk Management process improvements and taking lead on documenting those, including the respective implementation and training
- University degree in Mathematics, Physics, Finance, Economic or a related field
- 5-7 years of professional experience in a similar position with strong focus on market risks at a leading commercial bank
- Good understanding of financial markets, business processes and controls
- Deep knowledge of Market Risk Management methodologies and banking products
- Practical knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements applied to financial markets in Europe
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- PC literacy. Working experience in Bloomberg and Reuters. Knowledge of Avaloq application is an advantage
- Fluency in English is mandatory
To include yourself within this recruitment process; to find out more information about this role; or to discuss other career opportunities we have available, please contact Pawel Galanty as soon as possible - CONFIDENTIALITY ASSURED - Please note that by applying your cv is sent directly, and only, to the consultant in charge of this opportunity. #LI-PG1
We’ll help you go further.
+352 26 19 28 1009