A great opportunity to join a leading and growing private equity firm as a Legal Assistant.
You will be based in Luxembourg and report to the Head of Corporate Governance in London working autonomously on all company secretarial and corporate governance requirements.
You will work in a fast paced environment using your energy and drive to meet the ongoing deadlines.
You will also use your strong and effective communication skills both verbally and in writing with all levels of staff including senior partners, as well as with external contacts.
- Understanding all reporting and corporate governance requirements, working with others in the business to ensure the company secretary elements of these requirements are met
- Developing and implementing a central repository for all documentation and process requirements
- Consolidation of processes through the application of streamlining methodologies such as the drafting of template documents
- Liaising with authorities and regulators where appropriate
- Responsible for ensuring decisions are approved and documented in conformity with governance structure
- Responsible for the level and standards of company secretarial governance across the group, including meeting planning and notification, minutes kept, permanent files and blueprint database kept up to date
- Tracking the implementation of board decisions agreed at boards and/or board committees
- Managing information flow from higher level boards to subsidiary boards/portfolio companies
- Providing an interface between board members and senior management
- Receiving all minutes of subsidiary boards and maintaining a central comprehensive file to trace all decisions and approvals
- Ensuring compliance with all filing requirements across all relevant legal entities
- Assisting in-house counsel with oversight of local legal entities and compliance of those entities with applicable laws, tax laws and group governance codes and protocols
- Preparing/agreeing meeting agendas with chairman and board members
- Responsibility for delivery of board meeting papers and presentations to participants
- Co-ordination with board directors and stakeholders regarding meetings
- Actively engaging, managing and implementing change projects which have an impact on corporate governance/company secretarial issues in Luxembourg
- Initiating process change in coordination with fellow Luxembourg Company Secretary and in coordination with Head of Corporate Governance
- 1 to 3 years of experience as a Legal Administrator, Paralegal or Legal Officer within a domiciliation firm, fiduciary, Law Firm or Fund Services
- Alternative fund industry experience, preferably private equity, is an asset
- Experienced in working autonomously
- Fluent English (spoken/written)
- Accurate and attentive to detail
- Motivated, organised and professional
- A good team player
To include yourself within this recruitment process; to find out more information about this role; or to discuss other career opportunities we have available, please contact Renata Ubaviciute as soon as possible - CONFIDENTIALITY ASSURED - Please note that by applying your cv is sent directly, and only, to the consultant in charge of this opportunity. #LI-RU1
We’ll help you go further.
+352 26 19 28 1022