This is an exceptional opportunity to be a part of one of the World's leading industrial companies. Our client's Group Legal & Compliance team is looking for a Global Head of Sustainability and Environment, based ideally in Luxembourg or Belgium, but the possibility for another European location with regular travels. As a legal expert, you will provide high-quality legal services to several companies in the group. Your main responsibility will be to give legal advice to the business regarding environmental, sustainability, and climate issues and strategies.
People are at the core of our business, and we believe everyone has a chance to be part of the future of work. At Badenoch + Clark | LHH Recruitment Solutions, we believe in talent, not labels, embrace diversity and promote more inclusive employment to our clients and partners.
- Provide legal support to day-to-day business related to environmental, sustainability and climate issues, strategies and projects (for European and international issues), in support or close cooperation with the relevant Country Legal teams,
- Protect and defend business interests in dispute resolution scenarios related to environmental, sustainability, and climate change in support or close cooperation with the relevant Country Legal teams,
- Provide legal support to corporate departments and committees in charge of sustainability and climate issues, strategies for European and international issues,
- Advice and manage disputes and litigations relating to international trade, including developing a strategy and assessing any settlement option,
- Attend internal and external meetings with third-party stakeholders and, where appropriate, assist directly in negotiation with third parties,
- Retain, manage and monitor external law firms and related costs in line with the business needs,
- Actively participating in and supporting international legal initiatives in the group. Regularly sharing best practices, new challenges or developments, innovations and efficiency-related projects,
- Stay up to date on regulatory and legal changes and drive the necessary adaptation of the Company's activities to those legal changes,
- Negotiate with internal and external stakeholders, suppliers, as well as authorities,
- Collaborate with other Legal team members and other internal stakeholders dealing with environmental, sustainability and climate issues to exchange best practices; hereto set up and manage the relevant internal networks (within legal, environmental, corporate sustainability team, climate change team Europe, CTOs, etc.) and set up/agree upon strategic plan and objectives of such networks,
- Identify, develop and deliver legal training to the business and legal teams,
- Represent Legal affairs in professional and other sector-related associations and actively participate and contribute to protecting the Company's interests.
- Strong and recognized expert in European and International Environmental Law (knowledge of the EU ETS, the main international treaties and EU Legal Instruments related to climate change, waste, energy, etc.),
- Relevant experience of minimum 15 years preferably in an international law firm and/or as in-house counsel; experience in the industry (oil and gas, chemistry, automotive, steel) would be an asset,
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of another European language will be an asset,
- Master's degree in law. Bar membership would be an asset,
- Change management capabilities and leadership competency, stress resistant,
- Willingness and capability to be a "hands-on" lawyer, to analyze and solve complex legal issues,
- Willingness to develop a thorough understanding of and familiarity with the client's businesses, its people, markets, facilities, and customers
- Ability to understand priorities and to see the bigger picture, self-reliant, self-responsible, know to seek help when needed,
- Good team player, loyal and transparent,
- Strong communications skills: ability to effectively communicate in an international environment with various stakeholders.
To include yourself within this recruitment process; to find out more information about this role; or to discuss other career opportunities we have available, please contact Anne Behmer Poulingue as soon as possible - CONFIDENTIALITY ASSURED.
Ready For Next.
Anne Behmer Poulingue + 352 661 448 080