Are you able to work autonomously and provide advice to senior management?
Would you like to hold a key function and report directly to the COO?
Do you have a deep understanding of EU regulatory environment and principles?
Our client offers excellent career paths and a great environment to work in. It is an international setting in a friendly environment which values team-work. Currently they are searching for the Business Risk & Controls Manager who will report directly to the COO.
- Support and/or coordinate execution of Operational, Strategic and Financial risk management frameworks and policies
- Make sure that risk events and issues are effectively captured, investigated and remediated, through proactive action management and accurate root cause analysis
- Ensure all risks, issues and actions have a clear owner; coordinate maintenance of business unit structure
- Establish an effective 1st LoD forum at which Risk matters can be discussed/business decisions be made with Risk Owners (including preparation of packs and presentation)
- Coordinate identification with the business of early warning indicators to establish a more proactive approach to risk management
- Coordinate and support Risk Assessment frameworks rollout and maintenance (e.g. identification and recording of risk & control self-assessment (RCSAs), change risk assessments or vendor risk assessment)
- Raise risk awareness in the business; share best practice, execute ad-hoc training based on business needs
- Proactively identify new / emerging risks with support from internal specialist parties that identify, manage, mitigate risks on behalf of the business
- Co-ordinate and provide business relevance input to Thematic Risk Reviews
- Supporting Internal / External audit activity on behalf of the business
- Co-ordinate controls report (ISAE 3420 type) and other controls accreditation frameworks
- Co-ordinate major risk incidents and events and ensure that appropriate escalation takes place and mitigation activities are actioned
- Assist with the role out of BWise the Risk Reporting System
- Supporting the completion of the ICAAP requirements and stress testing in facilitation with the 2nd line risk function
- Strong understanding of business process and controls with proven risk management experience within the financial services industry
- Awareness of Risk and Control Self-Assessments, ICAAP and Stress Tests
- Hands-on mentality and ability to work well under pressure with good prioritisation ability
- A questioning mind-set with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Dedicated to maintaining high quality standards and client satisfaction
- Direct experience of working in a first line risk support function with good stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
To include yourself within this recruitment process; to find out more information about this role; or to discuss other career opportunities we have available, please contact Pawel Galanty as soon as possible - CONFIDENTIALITY ASSURED - Please note that by applying your cv is sent directly, and only, to the consultant in charge of this opportunity. #LI-PG1
We’ll help you go further.
+352 26 19 28 1009