User Researcher required to work with a Government department. This is an initial 12 month contract, paying £464-605 per day, inside IR35, 3 days remote and 2 in a London office.
● Lead on research projects, working with a wider team of Designers, Analysts and Developers to help define and deliver the best methodology to address the specific needs in producing a responsive digital service
● Familiarise yourself with the project's user research work to date and devise a strategy of moving the work forward
● Plan, design and conduct user research sessions, including guerrilla testing, user testing, focus groups and workshops, persona creation and card sorting on a regular basis, testing both high-level concepts, and aspects of the service as it is designed and developed, and developing and maintaining a picture of the users
● Collaboratively analyse the findings of user research to identify common themes and points of user contention and provide actionable recommendations to the relevant team members.
● Apply knowledge in human factors, ethnography, and the user-centred design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment
● Use findings of user data to work closely with designers and analysts to iterate the developing service
● Manage business relations with usability and market research agencies to support necessary research processes
● Support the learning and development of less experienced and trainee User Researchers within the team
● Thrive working in an agile environment, using your own creativity, resourcefulness and initiative to maximise the quality of user research and its impact on the service development
Be visible within the team and be able to engage, build trust and energise a team culture that is responsive to the findings of user research.
You will have:
● At least 5 years of practical experience of qualitative research methodologies, in terms of design, execution and analysis
● Experience in taking a lead User Researcher role within a team, setting research direction and mentoring junior research colleagues
● Experience managing team dynamics and holding sufficient authority to effectively challenge points of design without alienating individuals
Experience of working within an agile project environment, and maintaining effective performance in difficult and challenging circumstances
It would also be desirable to have:
● Practical experience of quantitative research methodologies
● An understanding of service design, visual design, frontend development and agile methodologies. Specialist Skills
● Demonstrable knowledge, experience in and passion for web user centred design practices.
● Proven experience of gathering user requirements for web based services.
● Proven experience of managing, executing and analysing usability test and research sessions.
● Proven experience of working in an agile development environment with User Experience teams, designers and developers to create new digital products and services.
● Experience of audience modelling and developing design personas.
● An in- depth understanding of the available research methodologies.
● Demonstrable experience working closely with Service Design and Data Science teams
● Degree in HCI/Usability/Cognitive Psychology/Market Research or related field.
● Experience across web content, tools and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys.
● Experience within a research and digital environment.
Please apply should you meet the above criteria
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Badenoch + Clark. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.badenochandclark.com/en-gb/candidate-privacy
What would you like to speak about?
What would you like to speak about?
Our experts are ready to help your business