The Supervisor Technical Services will report to the Manager Technical Services, who reports to the operations manager TS.
The Supervisor Technical Services will have final responsibility of the paint & touch up section and will lead a team that consists of 2 assistant team leaders and about 20-30 production workers.
Wallenius Wilhelmsen is a market leader in RoRo, shipping and vehicle logistics, managing the distribution of cars, trucks, rolling equipment and breakbulk to cutomers all over the world.
The supervisor will be responsible for the customers stock within the Technical Services Department. This position is created with the ambition to set a higher standard in both quality and service. Both by coordinating closely with customer and by improving the operations of the Technical Services Department through the optimization of processes and the definition of clear KPI’s and action plans. Through the achievement of a true understanding of customer expectations.
The output should be brought to the highest standards in terms of Customer Services, Quality and Discipline.
The Supervisor will be responsible for paint & touch up which is the biggest part within the Technical Services Department, where WWL is responsible for the maintenance and PDI of a stock of 1.000 units on average.
WWL is responsible for different processing services; such as PDI, accessory fittings, mechanical and paint repairs, washing, etc.
The key tasks of the Supervisor will be:
- to act as the key contact with customer with a focus on continuous optimization of WWL’s processes and ways of working according to the 5S lean manufacturing systems;
- to manage PDI and other services by improving overall efficiency, quality and profitability of the customers’ stock in a way that is supported by the team and has a sustainable positive impact on the operation;
- to strive for the highest operational excellence;
- to lift up the daily management of WWL’s team to meet and exceed the highest quality standards by including training and development;
- to establish a clear understanding throughout operations on customer expectations and to focus on customer service, quality and safety through the clear communication of existing KPI’s and by newly implemented KPI’s;
- to anticipate potential issues and install a correct and efficient response;
- to successfully manage a team of the Assistant Team Leaders and production workers, with exposure to trade union members;
- to create a stable environment for supervisors and bring the whole team to a more autonomous and higher level.
Working for WWL’s most important and potentially growing customer within Technical Services;
- The challenge to bring a higher level of operational excellence;
- A position that combines an operational responsibility with a commercial one;
- The possibility to grow into a position with higher responsibilities once successful.