We are looking for a Cargo Superintendent:
Achieve result by handling following tasks :
- Responsible to monitor the daily activities on board of the vessel in service for the operations and 3rd party operations
- Monitor daily docklabour activities on terminal with focus on handling cargo with the highest quality standard
- Issue damage reports
- Define improvement actions for cargo handling based findings of damages
- Responsible to give feedback and support to the Teamleader on the daily activities
- Responsible to coordinate, support, instruct and motivate the docklabour
- Reporting of performance and Stevedoring activities
- Planning & follow up in SPS (internal Stowage Planning System)
- Supporting quality meetings with Zee stevedoring team
- Assist on reporting of KPI's and statistics to the Management ( daily / weekly / monthly )
- Report cost/profit calculation per vessel to terminal manager
- Attend daily preparation meetings for stevedore operations
- Analyse each vessel operation on safety / productivity / quality / non conformities / costs
- Optimise way of working and ensure an efficient and cost-effective operation. Endeavour operational excellence.
- Follow up on implemented corrective actions.
- Seek solutions to have people work in a safe way.
Master degree in nautical studies & first experience in maritime world or min 5 years of experience in an operational function in a maritime environment or bachelor degree in logistic management.
- Ability to engage production workers (dockers = havenarbeiders)
- Knowledge of computer programs: office programs
- Ability to work with tailor made internal computer programs
- Good Knowledge of English and Dutch (both verbal and written),
- Good analytical skills
- Being result oriented - not being afraid to go for difficult discussions when necessary
- Highly stress resistant
- Taking initiative, aiming at working in a more efficient way
- Realise that ‘ Murphy’ is always looking behind the corner, be prepared and proactive
- Good listener and a team player
- Available for flexible time table during week but also for weekend work – every fortnight.
- Good salary + fringe benefits (incl company car)
- Nice and dynamic work environment
- Fixed contract