This international, well-known company, active in the insurance market is actively looking for a professional managerial addition to their team in Brussels. Do you want to give your career a boost? Don’t hesitate to apply and let me know your added value!
Report and collaborate directly with CFO
Management responsibility of two junior Accountants
This role will manage the Brussels statutory reporting across key returns such as Belgium GAAP and Solvency II through maintaining accounting policy and procedures to ensure timely and accurate posting to the Brussels General Ledger and production of accounting returns.
- Lead the process for producing the statutory reporting: Annual and Interim Report publishing audited results in line with Belgium GAAP; Reporting to parent company for consolidated accounting; Pillar 3 returns annually and quarterly under Solvency II
- Maintain Accounting Policy and Procedures ensuring these are compliant with reporting requirements and anticipating changes required.
- Supervise the monthly accounting processes including month, quarter and year-end close for the assigned operations - ensuring that all balance sheet reconciliations are prepared in line with timetable, reviewing work prepared and resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Supervise and maintain the ledger structure and databases to ensure effective financial control, efficient processing and reporting of Society’s financial position on a monthly basis.
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure the smooth operation of the financial accounting and reporting process, including collaboration finance colleagues and colleagues from other departments.
- Provide assistance during audits, liaising with internal and external auditors, actuaries, tax department and other key stakeholders. Prepare notes to accounts and provide judgements on impairments
- Support the work of the Business Accounting Manager and their team, including budgeting, forecasting, MI and financial operations, including acting as a peer review where required.
- Suggest and implement process efficiencies
- Experience with monthly and year end statutory accounts preparation in BE GAAP and IFRS
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Master or bachelor degree in accountancy/business administration
- Affinity with internal control and compliance
You will be part of an international organization with a focus on growth and personal development. In this management role you will have the possibility to have an impact on the business, you will collaborate closely with the CFO.
You can count on a competitive salary package with extra-legal advantages depending on your experience.